Saturday, August 20, 2011

More than a thought, More like a feeling

Hey Everyone,

It's nice to see everyone has such an interest in my blog here. I appreciate you, the reader, coming out and reading what I have here on this website. This is probably one of the only areas where I can truly express my feeling and thought, aside from my fiction stories. I just wanted to take this time and thank you for being here, taking time out of your life to experience a little piece of mine.

Thank You, it really does mean a lot.

Today has been a strange day and most definitely a strange night. Things from the past have come back, really great memories. Some bad, but more so great. Talk about a very comforting feeling, something I haven't had in over eight years. I don't want to go into to much detail on this feeling or what has happened, but I can safely say I have some inner peace tonight. I will definitely be sleeping well.


With that being the topic, it can be difficult at times to look at our past in our present, in other words something right there in front of us from many years ago. Whether it be good or bad, it can be difficult regardless what state someone is in, especially if you had an emotional connection with that moment in the past with whomever or whatever it may be.

Something that I have realized facing this and experiencing this now is that everything will be okay, no matter what has happened or what happens in the future, even what may be happening right now. No matter what the circumstances are, that situation that may haunt you, or may even bring you a great memory that is no longer there or will no longer ever be again, it's alright.

You as the person have not only moved forward through your success and failures in life, but are a stronger person for even facing such a thing. Not only that, but the understanding, knowing that you are not who you once were, better or for worse, is a great thing. The change of it all, is great. If you end up beating yourself up over something, or listen to that lingering memory, you will only remain stationary and not move at all.

Closing this here, it's okay to move forward and it's okay to still remember those times, but more importantly it's okay to be happy with who you are and what makes you, you.

I want you to do something. I got some very wise advice from someone who plays a major influence in my life right now, very close to me. He had said, " You know, every morning I was told that when I wake up, I was supposed to look in the mirror and say good morning until I meant it; it really does make you feel a lot better about yourself. You need to love yourself in order to love others and push through, and leave all of the past behind you. It's the past. Look to a new light." Go look in the mirror when you wake up tomorrow and tell yourself "Good morning" until you mean it. You may notice a change in your day and a change with your outlook of those memories. You are epic, no matter what was said.

This is Sean signing out.



2 comments:

  1. Great post, buddy! If we don't like who we are and accept the past for what it is, who else will?

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Sean. Seems like people have a hard time letting go of those 'days gone by'. It's good to hear from unexpected sources or otherwise to forgive ourselves of those things which haunt us.

    ReplyDelete