Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Softened Heart

Hey everyone,

It's been rough these past couple years to say the least, but like everyone else, issues are always lingering. Which is actually a great thing, well for me anyways. It sounds silly, but honestly, I think with out a lot of these issues reminding me to be humble, caring, understanding and sympathetic , I would probably end up being the most egotistical grouch on this side of the planet.

This morning I woke up feeling happy, yet sad at the same time. I suppose that sounds a bit bi-polar, but these feelings feel true none the less. It's difficult for me because I haven't really experienced that joy or happiness in awhile. Not the typical joy or happiness, like " oh awesome! I just found a $100.00 bill on the ground!" No no, it's more like, a peace. Something that I haven't felt since I was kid. The words that came to me immediately were "It's like the water that reflects the face, so the heart reflects the man."

My heart has definitely softened over these past couple of years, learning a lot. I knew what my goal was, and I am still aiming for it, but I can safely say it's now for the right purposes. I was speaking with my brother-in-law yesterday about facts pertaining to our society and just people in general. It has come to our attention that the change has started, in us. Which is good.

Two very bitter, selfish, egotistical and very angry nature type of people that have begun to open their heart to the word "empathy". A word I rarely ever enjoyed using. In other words, I have found finally what I am looking for and I can now move on to step two. It's that answer that I have been seeking for so long.

That answer is more of a truth. We, ( referring to everyone in society, including myself ) tend to put ourselves in a specific rank. We look at things as "this must be done because this is what was said and must be done." I have found out two things this past year. One, money is replaceable, time isn't. Two, we are all children, a bunch of kids hanging out on the playground. If things are really looked at this way, it seems rather silly how these issues become. Children when having issues with each other or something that is important to them, they will work together and are quick to forgive each other. " I'm sorry charlie, I didn't mean to break your toy" or "I'm sorry Beth, here, you can play with mine." The concept children have is so simple, but it is perfect.

Even everyday issues like financial means, stresses over deadlines. " You can do it charlie! Those monkey bars look scary, but you can do it!" or " Jack, you don't have to be so mean to us, there is enough room for you to come and play with us too." These are concepts as adults that we forget and then become hard to fathom.

My conclusion, I would rather play with my time wisely and re-learn the concepts that children provide us with today. Have a great day everyone, and remember play nice, the game was made for fun.

This is Sean signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment